This blog is dedicated to informing her visitors on latest trends in sports.
Job Vacancy: Senior Program Officer at World Vision, Nairobi, Kenya - ONGOING RECRUITMENT
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position will lead in grant acquisition and management of a grant portfolio. Actively build donor relationship in support of acquisition. The job holder will lead program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with WVSom strategy. S/he will help with the review of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to donors and SOs ensuring quality compliance and donor satisfaction. The position will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilization.
Programming & Proposal Development:
• Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to World Vision Somalia strategy and capacity;
• Mobilize and lead cross-functional proposal development teams;
• Anticipate, plan, and write proposals with high win rate;
• With the support of QA&S Manager- regularly apply learning, emerging innovations, and best practices from project evaluations, field visit reports, project reports across the program, and from other NGOs and donors to new proposals
Program reporting & donor compliance:
• Provide timely, detailed and quality program reports to Support Offices and donors
• Ensure SomReP success stories are shared with communications to enhance the visibility of programming;
• Support monitoring and bring up implementation or compliance challenges with QA, Ops Managers, and donors.
External Engagement and competitive intelligence gathering:
• Establish or strengthen linkages and networks with key resilience actors and leading NGOs to gather donor intelligence and build collaborative relationships;
• Work in tandem with the SomReP CoP and PDQA Director
• Advise WV on potential fundraising opportunities arising from FGS and donor strategies;
• Research, monitor, and utilize shifting donor strategy, funding, or regulatory information, and advise PDQA and Operations leadership of emerging trends that could positively or negatively affect the program.
• Plan and lead start-up workshop or process to ensure comprehensive hand-over of project to Project Manager and wider grant project teams;
• Use meetings and other forums to engage with operations staff to gather emerging challenges, lessons learned, and innovations to apply to future proposals;
• As required, support Operations in implementation challenges with hands-on capacity building and support in the field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Master’s Degree in Development studies or related field
5 years programming experience in a grant funded humanitarian or development program. Preferably with one or two previous assignments in a fragile context.
Training in humanitarian standards is desirable with specific training in donor requirements e.g. OFDA, DFID, CIDA, DANIDA and Europe Aid.
Proven experience in networking with donors and partners to bring about funding opportunities.
Demonstrated ability to mobilize cross-functional proposal team (technical, ops, field, finance, M&E, Regional/HQ) with right staff at the right time to meet even the tightest deadlines. Can also effectively mobilize multi-partner proposal development teams.
Demonstrate ability to establish and cultivate strong, collaborative relationships
Strong writing skills.
Working Environment / Conditions:
*Work environment: Office- based with field travel. The position requires frequent travel to Somalia, a dynamic and often insecure context; when in Somalia accommodation is in team houses**Travel: .30-40% travel to Somalia and other international destinations required*