The Federal Project Support Unit (FPSU) which is domiciled in the Office of the Vice President is charged with the responsibility of coordinating the implementation of the CSDP nationwide. The FPSU now invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Vulnerable Group Specialist
- Ensure the integration of vulnerable groups and gender sensitive policies and action plans in CSDP development plans;
- Assist project team to design and incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues into project activities;
- Stimulate strategic approaches in the subject practice area tasking into account needs of location and equal opportunities to all beneficiaries, especially the GVG to exploit all-encompassing public goods;
- Facilitate i complementing mainstreaming strategy with targeted intervention to promote social inclusiveness;
- Liaise with the Policy Analyst and Research Officer to identify research needs emerging from COP implementation process, especially as it relates to inclusiveness in facilitation and implementation;
- Develop innovative opportunities for integrating social safety nets in project implementation;
- Prepare monthly. quarterly and annual reports of the department;
- Prepare and cost yearly work programmes for mainstreaming gender and vulnerable groups’ activities into the FPSU and SAs programmes;
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness io the area and provide information as may he required for different purposes;
- Maintains links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agent;
- Influence processes through adoption of good practices learned from inter-agency collaboration;
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more sympathetic and supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable;
- Any other duties assigned by the National Coordinator.
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Sciences, Rural and Environmental Development, Agric Extension with at least twelve (12) years of post qualification experience part of which must have been spent in donor-driven CDD projects. Computer literacy experience in Gender/Vulnerable Mainstreaming and Safety nets will be an added advantage.
26th August, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates from the public/civil service or private sector are invited to apply for the above position by writing an application with ten (10) copies of comprehensive CV each of which must be signed by the applicant.
Applicants should indicate on the top left hand side of the envelop the position applied for and submit their applications to the following address:
The National Coordinator,
Federal Project Support Unit,
Community and Social Development Project,
National Social Safety Nets Coordinator Office,
14 Moussa Traore Crescent,
Off Thomas Sankara Street,
Asokor - Abuja.