The Federal Project Support Unit (FPSU) which is domiciled in the Office of the Vice President is charged with the responsibility of coordinating the implementation of the CSDP nationwide. The FPSU now invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position below:
Job Title: Management Information System Specialist
- Be responsible for overall information system management for the project;
- Advise on hardware network design and hardware (technical specifications) acquisition;
- Establish information management system that is user friendly and web-based;
- Maintain the data base for information documentation;
- Design and install data management applications on the systems at FPSU:
- Analyse the entire project data for use by Management guiding decision;
- Ensure appropriate linkages between data application;
- Work with the SAt to ensure consistency and comparability of information formats for collection and dissemination of data;
- Identify, design and deliver training to MISS/MISAs;
- Maintain Internet linkages and supplier relationship to ensure on-line communications between time CSDP and all states operating within the Project:
- Establish and regularly update GIS poverty maps for all States benefiting from the CSDP intervention;
- Prepare annual budget and work plan for the MIS and submit monthly, quarterly and annual report of performance
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the National Coordinator.
- At least a first degree in Computer Science, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related fields with at least twelve (12) years of post qualification experience in computer system management, especially in the design and programming of information management system in a rural development-related organization.
- Hardware systems maintenance skills are required, Higher degree and/or post-graduate diploma will be an added advantage.
26th August, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates from the public/civil service or private sector are invited to apply for the above position by writing an application with ten (10) copies of comprehensive CV each of which must be signed by the applicant.
Applicants should indicate on the top left hand side of the envelop the position applied for and submit their applications to the following address:
The National Coordinator,
Federal Project Support Unit,
Community and Social Development Project,
National Social Safety Nets Coordinator Office,
14 Moussa Traore Crescent,
Off Thomas Sankara Street,
Asokor - Abuja